The SWL Medical Weight Loss Program
Step 1: Book your initial appointment
Step 2: Spend a full hour with your provider!
Step 3: Establish a personalized program that's a 100% fit
Step 4: Schedule your follow-up appointment
Doctor’s Consultation/Counseling Fee
Medical Boards has published guidelines for the treatment with controlled substances. It includes having patients return at appropriate intervals for re-evaluation. Cost is an important consideration when enrolling in a medical weight loss program.
We strive to keep our customized weight loss programs affordable for most everyone. We challenge you to compare our quality and fees with other medical weight loss programs in the Hampton Roads area.
- Initial visit (1 hour): $150
- Follow-up visit (monthly, 30 minutes): $80
(Prescription appetite suppressants are only available on an initial visit if EKG is available)
Please do not apply body lotion if you are getting an EKG done, because the EKG patches will not adhere, and can cause error in your EKG reading.
- EKG is done at the office at the time of your appointment. EKG is required annually. $65
Labs included: CBC, CMP, Lipid Panel, TSH, FT3, FT4, Hb A1c, and Vitamin D level.
- Patients with the following insurance (Tricare, Federal Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Anthem BCBS, Optima): can have their labs done at the office, provided the deductible has been met, for a $15 drawing fee.
- If you do not have insurance: lab work can be done at our office at a cost of $308 ($900 at most lab centers).
- If you have the following plans (Cigna, Aetna, and Anthem Healthkeepers): you have to do your lab at LabCorp. We will give you a lab request on your initial appointment. If you are unsure which lab they may be associated with, please contact your insurance company.
Lab results must be brought on the follow up visit in order to receive refills on medication. Labs are repeated annually.
Optional; injections are also offered as a stand-alone service.
If you are obese or morbidly obese, B12 alone will not suffice, and the full program is recommended. For best results, ideal treatment should be every week.
- Walk-ins are available for B12 injections. $20
Can be purchased at the clinic or at your own pharmacy– we let you choose. Prices are good for a 30 day supply.
We only dispense/give prescriptions to our patients. We do not sell/dispense medications to the general public. You must be a patient/ join the program to avail of these medications.
*Patient must be seen before receiving prescription or refills*
- Phentermine (Appetite suppressant; controlled medication): $25
- Maxzide (Waterpill): $15
- Topamax (Promotes satiety and curbs cravings): $25 (25 and 50 mg); $30 (100 mg)
- Metformin (To help with insulin resistance, especially in patients with PCOS and or pre diabetes): $15
- Wellbutrin (Also helps with appetite suppression and stress eating): $25
- Armour Thyroid (Contains both T3 and T4); for patients with symptoms of hypothyroidism and low FT3 levels despite “normal TSH”.
- Testosterone Injection (The possibilities of testosterone therapy are enticing — increase your muscle mass, sharpen your memory and concentration, boost your libido, and improve your energy level. Given to patients with testosterone deficiency.): $30-50/injection, depending on dose. Recommended weekly for best results.
- We also prescribe the newest medications approved by the FDA: Qsymia, Belviq, Contrave and Saxenda.
Medications are not returnable under any circumstances (federal law, because of danger of tampering). Once these medications have been purchased or shipped out of our facility, they are the sole responsibility of the purchaser. Side effects of these medications are beyond our control and not a reason to return the medication for a refund. Prices of products listed may change without notice.
Medical Weight Loss Supplements and Products
HealthWise is the main provider for replacement meals at Seriously Weight Loss.
HealthWise provide patients with the highest quality protein products and offer over 130 choices of meals. Because their supplement contain precise amounts of high quality protein, they make it easier to know exactly how much your body is receiving. Also, this helps keep you on a systematic weight management program.
Thera-M is used to meet your daily need of vitamins and minerals.
- It contains powerful antioxidants to maintain your natural defense and boost your immunity.30 tabs/$10
- 5,000 units/4 month supply $15
- Offered in 1 mg & 3 mg. pricing varies.
A natural medication for high cholesterol.
DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) is a hormone produced by your body’s adrenal glands.
- DHEA functions as a precursor to male and female sex hormones, including testosterone and estrogen. Precursors are substances that are converted by the body into a hormone.
- Offered in 5 mg, 10 mg, 25 mg, & 50 mg
- Pricing varies
Omega 3 can lower triglycerides, reduces the risks of death, heart attack, dangerous abnormal heart rhythms, and strokes.
- There is evidence from multiple studies supporting intake of recommended amounts of DHA and EPA in the form of dietary fish or fish oil.
- This is my personal favorite supplement. 30 tabs/$10
This is the foundation of most individual’s nutritional program.
- 30 tabs/$10
A lipotropic formula with B-complex. It contains 3 key nutrients, Choline, Inositol and Biotin.
- These powerful ingredients act by both increasing your body’s metabolism to burn fat and by aiding your body in removing and transporting fat out of your body.
- If B-12 injections are not a weekly option, Lipo BC is the best alternative solution.
- 100 count/$35.
Acts as a natural filler. It helps provide the sensation of being full before meals. It additionally contains Benzocaine designed to help subdue hanger pangs.
- 120 ct $20
- Dose: 1 cap 3x/day, 1 hour before meals.
- Best option if unable to take Phentermine for any reason.
Helps control appetite and carbohydrate cravings; promotes satiety – feeling of satisfaction – leading to fewer calories being consumed at meals.
- It also promotes feeling of well being and supports a calm and relaxed mind.
- Best option if unable to take Topamax for any reason.
- Dose: 50 mg 1-2 tab 3x/day; 30 minutes before meals.
- 100 ct $25
The best colon cleaner due to it’s effectiveness and safety based on the ingredients.
- It helps remove toxins from your body, promoting healthy intestinal bacteria, boosting your energy, enhancing your immune system and weight loss as a result of this elimination.
- Dose: 2 caps/day
- 120 ct $20
Helps to regulate blood sugar. Useful for overweight pre-diabetics, diabetics, and patients with PCOS.
- 60 ct $10
Helps get rid of excess water weight
- 30 ct $10
All medications and products are pharmaceutical grade and not returnable under any circumstances. Once these products been purchased or shipped out of our facility, they are the sole responsibility of the purchaser. Low calorie dieting and exercise are recommended along with all products to maximize weight loss. Prices listed for the products above may change without notice.