The Seriously Weight Loss Team
Jennifer Pagador, MD, Diplomate, American Board of Obesity Medicine
Medical Director of Seriously Weight Loss
- Dr. Jennifer Pagador is a Family Physician specializing in Obesity Medicine and Age Management Medicine. She is the Medical Director of Seriously Weight Loss, LLC and a Practicing Physician at REVITA Medical Wellness, Virginia Beach.
- She completed Family Practice Internship at the University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston, TX and Family Practice Residency at Great Plains Family Practice Center in Oklahoma City, OK. She received her Doctor of Medicine Degree at the University of Santo Tomas, Manila, Philippines.
- Dr. Pagador received intensive training and added certifications in Obesity Medicine and Age Management Medicine. She is Board Certified by the American Board of Obesity Medicine. She has been practicing since 1997.
- Dr. Pagador is a Member of the American Society of Bariatric Physicians. She is also an active member of Montero Medical Missions based in Chesapeake, VA and does local missions serving veterans during quarterly Health Care for Veterans as well as international medical missions annually.
- She is a member of the Physician Advisory Board of Hampton Roads Physician Magazine and serves as Secretary of The Philippine Medical Association, Southeastern Virginia Chapter.
- Dr. Pagador is married to Butch Pagador, who is the office manager of Seriously Weight Loss, LLC and has one son Patrick, who is also pursuing a career in Medicine. She loves reading, gardening and enjoys traveling.
Gaida Celiz, NP-C
Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Graduated from ODU in December 2010. Gaida is a Board Certified Nurse Practitioner specializing in Obesity Medicine and Aesthetic Medicine. In addition to her clinical experience, Gaida has an outstanding academic background that includes RN degree, BSN degree, and Master of Science in Nursing.
- Her combination of clinical education and experience provide a strong foundation for the kind of holistic approach to patients that Gaida feels is critical to good patient care.
- She loves animals and has two Yorkshire Terriers, one cat, and one rabbit. She volunteers at the SPCA. She enjoys biking, watching movies, and blogging.
Sally Carr, NP-C
Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Sally Carr is a Board Certified Nurse Practitioner specializing in Obesity Medicine and Women’s Health. She has accumulated 20+ years of experience and education in various areas of patient care, including Medical Surgical nurse and Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner.
- Sally believes in holistic care and considers not only the physical aspects of a patient’s illness, but the emotional and spiritual aspects as well. She believes that healing and wholeness are matters of body, mind, and spirit. She believes in building a long lasting and trusting relationship with her patients.
- Her true desire is to enhance a positive healing experience and confidence to those in need. She enjoys nature activities and swimming.
Veronica Malone, NP-C
Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Veronica Malone is a Board Certified Nurse Practitioner specializing in Obesity Medicine. She obtained her BSN degree at the University of Virginia and acquired her Nurse Practitioner degree at Old Dominion University.
- Other than Obesity Medicine, her scope of practice encompasses health promotion in occupational settings, and diagnosis and management of complex healthcare problems in the elderly.
- Veronica has a unique combination of strong nursing skills and strives to provide the best healthcare possible. She has been practicing since 2010.
Veronica enjoys cooking, traveling, and spending quality time with her family.
- Veronica speaks fluent Spanish, and is happy to take in patients looking for a Spanish-speaking provider!
Kevin Hernandez, MA
- Graduated with an Associates of Applied Science Degree in Medical Assisting from the School of Health Science of ECPI University. Kevin immediately began his career at SWL when he graduated in 2011. He is a real “people person” and enjoys his job as a medical assistant as it allows him to interact with new and interesting people every day.
- “The most rewarding part of all is seeing that I am actually helping people. When patients return to the office after treatment and they are looking and feeling better, I immediately remember why I do what I do.”
- Kevin is also the Program Manager at REVITA Medical Wellness Virginia Beach. Kevin is currently pursuing a BS degree in Health Management at South University.
- He eventually plans to become a Physician Assistant. He has a passion for art and enjoys drawing.
Michelle Austin, RMA
Certified Medical Assistant
- Upon receiving her CMA certificate in January 1992 at Loma Linda University Community Hospital, Teresa immediately began to contribute in healthcare administration services.
- “As a member of the healthcare profession the most rewarding part of my job is the chance to make a difference in somebody’s physical health.”
- Her clinical skills are her biggest strength and she enjoys the hands-on-nature of her work. She has a true passion for helping those in need.
- Teresa volunteers in her spare time to elder women and men at various senior living facilities in the Virginia Beach area.
After retiring from the Navy, Butch decided to work for SWL to help with the business side of medicine. He maintains a strict standard of professionalism and work ethic. He earned the opportunity to gain varied skill and knowledge in many areas of health management. He enjoys fishing, gardening, traveling, and volunteering. He joins wife Dr. Pagador one month every year to volunteer out of the country for medical missions.